26/08/2012

Knitting...really?!

So far, my blog posts have been mostly beauty related and a few DIY posts every so often. Today this post is about knitting.
Really?! Knitting?! Isn't that for old people? Knitting is such a stereotyped hobby. People assume that knitting is for old nanna's and not young people! People also assume this is a hobby enjoyed only by females, but males also enjoy knitting.

Pinned Image
Image from Pinterest


My Grandma first taught me how to knit when I was around 8 years old. I never really made anything in particular, I just knitted long "scarves." When I was a bit older, Mum and I would knit squares for charity so that they were able to make blankets. I stopped knitting for years, and only took it up again last year when I was experiencing anxiety. It really helped me to calm down and allowed me to stop thinking about all the stresses in my life and clear my mind.

Pinned Image
Image from Pinterest
 
Now I love knitting. The satisfaction you get from making something yourself and other people commenting on it is very worth it!
 
I am going to have a few more posts on knitting as I start new projects - I hope that I can inspire you to take up knitting or at least make you see it in a different light!


- J x

No comments:

Post a Comment