19/01/2013

Cushion Covers

We recently bought a bed for my partners sister, and to make it more decorative, I wanted to buy cushions in her favourite colours. Unfortunately, I could not find exactly what I wanted in the shops, so I decided to make my own. Luckily for me, Mum had some spare cushions she was not using, so all I had to do was make the covers!

I found this great tutorial from thriftyandchic.com. It is sooo easy, and I had these 3 pillow cases knocked up in around 30 - 45 minutes. And the best thing is NO ZIPS!


I pressed these folds down before I sewed them to ensure the fabric would not move. I lined the foot up with the edge of the fold.

I also decided to sew the opposite side where the material was folded. Not a necessity, but I think it made it look nicer!


Better view here. Sorry the white cotton is hard to see!

^^ Finished! ^^

I think they turned out really well! By the third cushion, I was on a roll and finished it in about 10 minutes. 


^ from the front ^

^ from the back^ 

I think the fold makes it look a lot neater than a zipper - and so much easier! 

I chose three different types of fabric to make them more interesting and to give them all different textures.

Will definitely be keeping this tutorial handy!

- J x

No comments:

Post a Comment