28/05/2014

My Coco | DIY

I was introduced to the blog Tilly and the Buttons by Michelle from Coco and the Girls a few months ago and have finally gotten around to making Tilly's Coco top. It was such a lovely top to make and the pattern was so easy to follow.


Tilly included step by step photos on how to make the Coco top on her blog. This was very handy as I am a very visual person, and find it much easier to follow a pattern if there are pictures involved.




For a first go, this top turned out really well. I am not 100% happy with the bottom, but it is something I will work on next time! I really love the boatneck neckline and the way it sits perfectly on me.

I am very excited to have recently purchased Tilly's first book "demystifying dressmaking" which offers 6 patterns (each with 2 different variations) and so many tips and tricks with hundreds of images. It runs through everything from the basics of selecting fabric and threading your sewing machine to french seams and pleats. Whilst I can sew, there are a lot of things I could do better and a whole range of new techniques to learn!


You can purchase the book from her website or most good book retailers.

If you have not heard of Tilly and her blog before, I suggest you head over there now and check her out.

Watch out for more blog posts with Tilly inspired items!

- J x

Please click here to see my disclaimer policy.
facebook // twitter // pinterest // ravelry // bloglovin' // etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment