15/12/2014

First Alice Top | DIY


I recently finished my first Alice top from Tessuti Fabrics and I am really happy with how it turned out. I found this gorgeous fabric at Spotlight and knew it would fit the Alice Top perfectly. My only gripe with this fabric was that it frayed quite badly.



One of my favourite things about this top are the sleeves. They not only attach to the yoke but the bodice as well. I really love the way they make this top look.




This top has gathers at the front and the back which make the material drape beautifully.


I was very excited to finally get the under-stitiching right with this top - I have struggled with this in that past but think I got it right this time! 


I finished the hem off with a zig zag stitch as I felt it was more stable and added something different to the top. 

I will definitely be making another one of these tops - I think it would look very cute as a summer crop top!

Have you tried out this pattern? What did you think?

xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment