27/02/2015

Little Miss Lorraine | Featured Shop of the Week

As of next week I will be starting an exciting new series on the blog showcasing the amazing local Australian talent of handmade and vintage shop owners. These small businesses can often be looked over for cheaper, more commercial goods. From experience, the quality of the goods and the customer service you receive from these small businesses far exceeds that of the larger department stores.

Each Wednesday I will be showcasing a new shop for you on the blog. I encourage you to read their stories and have a look at what they are offering. Support your local!

To start off the series, I thought I would let you in behind the scenes of my own Etsy store, Little Miss Lorraine.



Tell us a little bit about yourself

Hi there my name is Jess! I am a 20 something lover of beauty, craft, interior design & DIY. I am also a keen but by no means experienced Yogi. I have a wonderfully supportive boyfriend and together we live with our beautiful (and noisy!!) rainbow lorikeet Opal.





What made you want to start your shop
I love the satisfaction that comes from making your own things. I also love making things for other people which is why I started Little Miss Lorraine! A little hobby of mine to share some of my makes with other people.

Where did the idea for the name of your shop come from

My shop name "Little Miss Lorraine" is based on...me! I am only 5"1 and often get referred to (not by choice!) as "little Jess".  I am a Miss (for now!) and Lorraine is my middle name which I share with one of my Grandmothers.



Tell us about the products you sell and your processes
Little Miss Lorraine is a combination of vintage wares, handmade home decor and paper goods. Our vintage wares are in very good condition and have been sourced from loving homes. All of our sewn goods are sewn on my Grandmothers sewing machine, something she handed down to me before moving into a retirement village. Every single card and gift tag is handmade and a lot of thought goes into the final product.


A look behind the scenes!
What is the most useful piece of advice you have been given in regards to your shop
Don't let your shop get too much for you! If you become too stressed out over the amount of sales you have, filling your shop with stock and dealing with customer enquiries, you will end up resenting the very thing you love doing! 
What do you love most about your shop
I love the connections and opportunities my shop has opened for me. Connecting with other Australian Etsy & small business shop owners has been such a great learning experience, and I will definitely be continuing these relationships as time goes on. 

Tell us where we can find out more about you & your shop

You can find Little Miss Lorraine here:

Etsy: etsy.com/au/shop/littlemisslorraine

Facebook: facebook.com/littlemisslorraine
Instagram: @littlemisslorraine

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment