18/03/2015

Made by Joni | Featured Shop of the Week

This week I would like to introduce you to Joni from Made by Joni!





Tell us a little bit about yourself
I'm a mum who is passionate about creativity. My loves are words and art so I created Made by Joni and write magazine articles. Plus I'm (slowly) making my way through my very first degree - a BA in English Lit.


Meet the talented Joni from Made by Joni!

What made you want to start Made by Joni
I've always loved painting but despite my husband's encouragement, never thought anyone else wanted to see it: typical creative-head lie haha! Once I'd decided to take the plunge and put myself out there I was super surprised and encouraged that I started to get orders! I'm so glad I forced my creative side out of the shadows!

Where did the idea for the name Made by Joni come from
I wanted to have a name which was relatable and simple...my designs are quite simple and are full of personality - and they're made by me - so I figured, just call it as it is :)



Tell us about the products you sell and your processes
The Made by Joni cards and invitations are, as the name suggests, made by me :) In a world of process-made, run of the mill products, these cards are personal and unique. They're made to order so design and style is completely adaptable. I've had a few orders from women who love sending little notes of encouragement so they requested specific designs which could then become their 'thing'. I love making cards because they're basically little canvases on which can be written words of love and kindness. Often when I'm working on a project, my mind will wander to thinking about what sentiments will be crafted on and crafted within the folds. I see it a privilege to be a part of something so important and special.



What is the most useful piece of advice you have been given in regards to Made by Joni
This advice wasn't given in direct relation to the shop, but to life in general. Someone posted on Instagram this week that regardless of how much we want to achieve today, we need to take into account how much is already on our plate and cut ourselves some slack! Good advice for us small business owners who usually plan on conquering the world by 10am!



What do you love most about Made by Joni
It is amazing to be able to create small pieces for people and then see the smile on their face when they receive their handcrafted order. My art is special to me and it's something which I hope brings happiness to others... so this is heaps of fun!

Tell us where we can find out more about you and Made by Joni
You can find me here:

Instagram: @madebyjoni
Pinterest: pinterest.com/j0nileimgruber

Previous Featured Shops
Little Miss Lorraine
Pea Green Sea
Two Cheeky Monkeys

If you would like your shop to be featured on A Little Bit of Jess, flick me an email me at alittlebitofjess04@gmail.com and I will be in contact with you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment